Thursday, November 14, 2013

Media Participation Project

For my Media Participation Project, I wrote an article for the Diamondback covering the Career Fair back in September. I was really nervous to write the article, because the I'd never written an article before with such a quick deadline. I had to call multiple people at the campus Career Center and get quotes along with interviewing kids on campus about their internships. I interviewed three different people at the Career Center, who were actually pretty difficult to get ahold of. I had to email them multiple times and then find times that worked for everyone to get them on the phone because the Diamondback does not like email interviews.
I also had to go up to random kids on campus and ask them about internships and if they have any advice. I'm not super outgoing at first, so it was kind of challenging for me to just approach strangers on campus, but I did not really have a choice so I just did it. It was really good for me to get out of my comfort zone; if I want to seriously pursue a career in journalism, I need to get comfortable with that so it was good experience.
Overall, I really enjoyed writing for the Diamondback. It actually got published in the paper so that was really exciting. It is good to have an actual clip I can bring to interviews and put with my resume, so that's a plus as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment